Electronic Communications Agreement
Electronic Communications Agreement
Consent for Electronic Signatures, Records, and Disclosures ("E-Consent")
Please read this information carefully and print a copy and/or retain this information electronically for future reference.
- Agreement. This Electronic Communications Agreement: Consent for Electronic Signatures, Records, and Disclosures (“E-Consent”) is an agreement between you and LeaseDirect, sometimes referred to as LesseeDirect, (“LeaseDirect,” “we” or “us”), its successors and/or assigns. This E-Consent is subject to the Terms of Service (“TOS”) and the Bill Payment & Presentment Services Terms & Conditions (the “Payment Terms”) between you and us. Capitalized terms used in this E-Consent and not defined herein have the meanings ascribed to them in the TOS or the Payment Terms, as applicable. By using the Site or the Payment, or by acknowledging or agreeing to the TOS, the Payment Terms, or this E-Consent, you manifest your assent and agree to be bound by this E-Consent. If you do not agree to the TOS, the Payment Terms, or this E-Consent, you must discontinue your use of the Site and the Payment Services immediately.
- Coverage. This E-Consent describes your rights when receiving disclosures, notices and information from us. By agreeing to this E-Consent, you agree to conduct all transactions and communications using electronic disclosures, electronic records, electronic signatures, and electronic contract documents. The term “Disclosures” means each disclosure, notice, agreement, fee schedule, statement, record, document, and other information we provide to you, or that you sign, submit, or agree to at our request. The term “Electronic Service” means each and every product and service we offer that you apply for, use, administer or access using the Internet, email, messaging services (including text messaging), and/or software applications (including applications for mobile or hand-held devices), either now or in the future, including the Site and the Payment Services.
- Scope of Consent. This E-Consent applies to all interactions concerning you and us and includes those interactions engaged in on the Site or any mobile device, including phones, smart-phones, and tablets. You agree that we will process your information and interact with you electronically. You further agree that we may also send you Disclosure electronically related to our interactions and transactions. Disclosures may be provided online by logging into the Site or through your designated e-mail address. You also agree to use electronic signatures and that we may obtain them from you as part of our transactions with you.
- Paper or Non-Electronic Records. To the extent that the law or our agreement with you requires you to give us a written notice, you must still provide these notices to us on paper, unless we specifically tell you in another Disclosure how you may deliver that notice to us electronically. If required by law, we will continue to deliver certain Disclosures to you in writing. However, if the law changes in the future and permits any of those Disclosures to be delivered electronically, this E-Consent will be deemed to cover those Disclosures. We reserve the right to provide Disclosures to you in paper form in our discretion including, for example, if we receive an email bounce back when sending you a required Disclosure.
- Electronic Signatures Authorized. You also consent and agree that your use of a keypad, mouse, or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar act or action while using any Electronic Service we offer or in accessing or making any transactions regarding any Disclosures constitutes your signature as if actually signed by you in writing (an “Electronic Signature”). Your Electronic Signature may also be represented by your type-written name or initials electronically placed on any Disclosure. Your Electronic Signature is hereby adopted by you and represents your intent to acknowledge receipt or sign, as applicable, the documents and Disclosures. Further, you agree that no certification or verification is necessary to the validate your Electronic Signature and that the lack of such certification or third-party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your signature or any resulting contract between you and us.
- Hardware and Software Requirements. To access and retain the Disclosures electronically, you will need to use sufficient and certain required computer software and hardware. You represent and warrant that you have and will maintain sufficient computer software, hardware, and internet access in order to access and utilize the Electronic Services.
- Commercial Purpose and Accounts. You represent, warrant, and agree that you will only access the Electronic Services in connection with a commercial purpose, that you will not utilize the Electronic Services for personal, family, or household uses, and that any Account provided by you in connection with your use of the Electronic Services and the Payment Services is and will be a commercial account and not a consumer or personal bank account.
Change to Your Contact Information. You must keep us informed of any change in your email address or mailing address and must make any update to your information through the Site.
BY CLICKING ON THE ‘I ACCEPT” BUTTON, YOU ASSENT TO OUR TERMS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE READ THIS INFORMATION ABOUT ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, RECORDS, DISCLOSURES, AND DOING BUSINESS ELECTRONICALLY, THAT YOU HAVE THE REQUIRED HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE, THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO RECEIVE AND REVIEW ELECTRONIC RECORDS, AND THAT YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE EMAIL ACCOUNT. YOU CONSENT TO USING ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, HAVING ALL DISCLOSURES PROVIDED OR MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU IN ELECTRONIC FORM AND TO DOING BUSINESS WITH US ELECTRONICALLY. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC DISCLOSURES AND SIGNATURES IS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE SERVICES FROM US OVER THE INTERNET.